By visiting this Website, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy and consent to the collection, usage and/or sharing of your information in accordance with this Policy. Majliya is part of Jawahir Oman Jewellers LLC and reserves the right to edit or update this Policy at any time, without notice.
1. Data collection
Majliya may collect your personal information for one or more of the purposes described in this Policy. This personal information is necessary to provide products and/or services to you. Failure to provide this information may therefore constitute a legitimate reason that delays or prevents us from processing an order. To ensure that your data rights are protected, we will inform you at all times whether sharing your personal information is required (marked with (*) symbol) or optional.
Data we may collect includes:
- identifying and contact information, such as your name, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, etc., that you provide by completing any form on our Website (including forms that allow you to create an account, purchase our products, or subscribe to our newsletter);
- details of any order requests made by you;
- any data contained in your communications with us (including when you contact us to submit a comment or query regarding the Website and its contents);
- information collected for research purposes via the Website (including through occasional surveys or competitions, which you have actively chosen to respond to or participate in);
- general information about your use and navigation of our Website, your operating system and browser type, and other information about the Website pages you visit (these may be collected by cookies or other tracking technologies); and
- personal information collected via third parties, for example data shared on publicly accessible social networks such as Facebook or Instagram, or other publicly accessible databases.
Collection and retention of your personal data will be in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements in the Sultanate of Oman.
It is your right to contact us at email@example.com in case you seek to access, amend or erase personal information. We will endeavour to comply with such requests, but may be unable to do so where such personal information is linked to an active order or is the subject of a legal dispute.
2. Disclosure of collected information
Your data may be disclosed to affiliates, associated companies or service providers that assist Majliya in processing transactions, receiving and sending communications, analysing data, providing support services or performing other tasks.
Your personal data may also be disclosed where we are required to do so by law or a governing authority, or when such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Majliya, or those of our customers and/or staff.
Your data will not otherwise be shared with any third parties except where your permission has been granted explicitly through opt-in consent.
3. Links to third party sites
Our Website may provide hyperlinks to third party websites that may not be within our control. Majliya accepts no responsibility for the content of any such websites, and visitors should exercise caution when providing personal data on such third-party websites.
The security of your personal data is of utmost importance to us. Accordingly, we have adopted reasonable security measures against accidental and unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. This, however, does not guarantee that a data breach may not occur. By accepting our Policy, you accept that Majliya cannot be held responsible for any data breach that may occur or for the security and safety of the information provided by you or transmitted via our Website or e-mail.
6. Applicable law
This Policy and access to this Website are exclusively subject to and governed by the laws of the Sultanate of Oman.